Thursday, June 26, 2008

I think my thumb is green!

I just planted these on Friday. It's so exciting to watch them grow! I'll post more pictures once they've started to flower.


Those are definitely the wildflowers.

You may already know this, but over the weekend the very funny comedian George Carlin died. Many of his routines blasted the absurdity of religion. Here's a good clip.

**Warning for the thin-skinned: He uses a lot of dirty words and makes fun of the idea of god. If you're easily offended, don't bother. It'll just muss up your day. But, if you've got a sense of humor, enjoy!



Anyway, the (in)famous Westboro Baptist Church (whose website url is actually www.godhatesfags.com) is planning to picket Carlin's funeral. They're the group that likes to picket the funerals of American soldiers who have died in Iraq & Afghanistan.

Read the news release here. Or, watch founder Fred Phelps make the announcement here.

I want to get angry about it, but I'm sure Carlin would just be laughing his ass off. So, I will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...