After going to school this morning to archive my gradebook, having a meeting with a doctoral student about a student of mine, and having a meeting about the future of Lunch Lab, I came home. I checked the yard for foxes and didn't see any, so I thought I'd venture over to the hardware store and have a look around.
I ended up buying a ton of stuff. Luckily for me, I walked to the store, so I had to lug all of it back... oh boy!
Here's my creation.
I had a near-disaster at one point when all of the filled pots came clunking down on each other, but I fixed it and I think we're all set.
These are the flowers I used. I think it'll turn out really nice. They take about 8 days to germinate.
I know, I know, I could have just bought plants, but I'm having so much luck with my little herbs, that I thought I might be successful again.
Tomorrow I have a BBQ to go to, so I'll probably spend Sunday or Monday planting some more flowers in the back. Hooray!
Final thought: Sometimes monsters may look cute, but look out -- they bite!