Monday, July 28, 2008

I feel disgusted by some people

I will start this post by stating what a far more clever person than I once wrote:
If you don't want it on the 'net, don't put it on the 'net!
That being said, I will respect privacy and leave names out of this bit.

A blogger wrote the other day:

Thought of the day...

...is anyone else tired of hearing about the pregnant "man" who gave birth? "He" is not a man! Give it up people. Let it go.

I clicked the link to comment, and saw these two already there:

Thank you. I very much agree. Also, can anyone explain why this "guy" who is married is the one who got pregnant when "he" has a perfectly capable wife?

and

Pet Peeve #1,257,578.23:
People who do really ridiculous stuff just for attention.


I had to respond. However, this blogger chose not to "approve" my comment, so it was never posted. Therefore, I will post it here, in as much of its entirety as I can remember.

He IS legally a man. His wife had to have a hysterectomy when she was younger, and is therefore unable to have children. This was the only way for them to have a child that was biologically related to one of them.

I think this had less to do with them wanting attention, but rather, with them wanting a child. Why should you be allowed to have children but then deny them that same right?

My pet peeve? Making judgments about someone else just because they make different decisions than you.

Or maybe we should just make miscegenation illegal again?
On that note, I ran across this interesting little bit in the LDS Aaronic Priesthood Manual 3. This would be in Chapter 31: Choosing an Eternal Companion. (emphasis mine)
Quotation and discussion

Compare the results of the vote with the following statement by President Spencer W. Kimball. Have a young man read it.

“We recommend that people marry those who are of the same racial background generally, and of somewhat the same economic and social and educational background (some of those are not an absolute necessity, but preferred), and above all, the same religious background, without question” (“Marriage and Divorce,” in 1976 Devotional Speeches of the Year [Provo: Brigham Young University Press, 1977], p. 144).

So perhaps the Mormons would like to see a Constitutional ban on both miscegenation and same-sex marriages.

Whatever happened to loving your neighbor?

Pitiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...