Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The end is near

Well, I only have 9 days left until I go back to school. I have enjoyed my summer off, but it sure went quickly! I get to start back slowly, though. My first meeting on the 21st doesn't start until noon. Phew. Then, the kids will come back on Sept. 2.

I'm looking forward to it, though. I really like having a structured day, but am very bad at creating my own structure. Plus, I like my job :-) I am excited to meet this year's kids.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty low-key for me. I haven't really done anything in the yard since the landscapers were here. My tipsy pots are still growing, but nothing picture-worthy yet. The roses have spread a bit. My herbs are doing really well. I've even started using them in... wait, let me start over, as I don't actually do the cooking at home... Eric has been using them in his cooking :-)

The weather has been fan-tab-ulous for the last few days. I mean, really great. Not just "nice for August," but actually, nice for any time. Upper 70s, low humidity, nice cool breezes. The a/c has been off and the windows open since Thursday or Friday.

As Eric will roll his eyes and tell you, I LOVE to take pictures of myself. No, no, no, I'm not vain! It sure is fun, though :-)

Well, my new computer has a built-in camera and a program called "Photo Booth." How can I resist?? Here, I just decided to have some fun in the photo booth for your own viewing pleasure!






2 comments:

  1. Back to school! Sounds like fun. I'm going back to school. Wahoo. I decided I need to go back and get a "real" degree. So I applied to UVU (formerly UVSC) since they let anyone that breathes enroll. I should hear back about financial aid next week, and with luck I'll start studying accounting on 8/27.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good for you, but I'm sure my back to school will come much easier than yours! It's far easier to assign the work than to do it :-)

    Good luck in the program! I started out college to do accounting, and realized I hated the whole business program slash world.

    But you're much mathier than me, so that should work out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...