Thursday, November 06, 2008

Confused

I took these questions from the Friendly Atheist, but they're on my mind, as well. Anyone care to respond?

There are so many questions I want to ask those people who voted in favor of Proposition 8 and as a result banned gay marriages in California:

  • How is your marriage any more secure now that homosexual marriages in your state are broken?
  • What do you say to the children of gay parents who question why their mommies or daddies can’t be married?
  • Can I vote on the legality of your marriage?
  • How does this vote change your life?
  • Are you proud of yourself?
  • What did you say to your gay friends (if you have any) when you saw them post-election?
  • Will your actions bring gay people closer to Christ?
  • When gay marriage is finally legalized (it won’t be long), are you going to lie and tell your children your church led the charge for equal rights or will you tell them the truth and say you were the reason for the delay?
  • How do you defend your position to your children?
  • Are you in favor of lifelong commitments between two people or against it?
  • What effect do you think this gay marriage ban will have on gay people? Young people? Non-Christians? Young Christians?
  • Is this what Jesus would do?

2 comments:

  1. The reason the Prop passed... irony of ironies... is because of the huge African-American turnout... African-Americans tend to be more socially conservative... so the same group the propelled Obama to victory also propelled Prop 8 to success...

    But yeah... the old saying... I want gays to be able to marry... so they can be miserable like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa. I liked Liam's response. Hey... I am just getting around to finishing the tons of posts on google reader and saw this post. I am asking a personal favor. Will you post all your feelings about this? I have a seen a handful, most of them conservative and really am sincerely interested in what you have to say. Believe it or not I love your opinion! :-)

    I get the feeling that the more you read my blog the less you like me but if you don't really know me and how I act and talk that is easy to do. The more I read your blog however the more I like you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...