Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gift of Goats

So, if you read my post to Eric, you read about my new-found love of goats. Goats, you ask? Well, yes. I think they're really cute and if I ever live in the New England countryside, I want a couple.

Well then, you can imagine my excitement when I got a catalog in the mail from Heifer International. On their website, they explain their program:

Bringing an End to World Hunger Through Unimaginable Blessings

Today, millions of people who were once hungry will be nourished by milk, eggs and fresh vegetables.self-reliance

Families who for generations knew only poverty will be building new homes and starting businesses.

Children who once headed out to the fields to do backbreaking work will be heading into schoolrooms to learn to read.

And people who never thought they’d be in a position to help someone else will be experiencing the joy of charitable giving.

How is this possible?

With Heifer’s proven approach – almost 60 years in the making – to helping people obtain a sustainable source of food and income.


So, I'm flipping through the catalog, and lo and behold, a page of goats!



Moral of my post: If you're looking for a gift (especially a gift for me!), consider a goat. It would make me really happy. Not to mention, the family who gets the goat :-)

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful organization. My mother-in-law gets all her grandkids together at Thanksgiving and lets them decide what they what to buy for the Heifer Organization for Christmas. The kids love it and put a lot of thought into it. It is a great thing.

    I love the photo, so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave something (I think some chickens or something) to my dad for his birthday when he said he wanted me to donate somewhere for his birthday gift. It was really fun and great to know that you can help in such a big way!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...