Saturday, January 31, 2009

Random-ness

I did this on Facebook, but I thought I'd throw it on here for those that don't read my page or whatever. Just in case you care about learning 25 random things about me. Try it for yourself!

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click post)

1) I LOVE my job!
2) I don't really remember many details about my life before the age of 20. Weird.
3) I lived in Russia for 6 months teaching English. I went so I could travel after college. I came back wanting to be a teacher.
4) Half of my family lives in Europe. I plan to get my Dutch citizenship someday because of it.
5) I used to be Mormon. Now, I'm an atheist.
6) Growing up, I would tell people there was NO WAY I would get married before the age of 24 or have kids before the age of 29. I'm almost 27, not married, and no kids. Doing good, so far!
7) I used to think that it wasn't fair that my younger sister was born in Feb and I was born in March. I thought that since I was older, I should have been born earlier in the year than her.
8) I was Salutatorian of my graduating class, even though I had the highest GPA. They didn't count the final semester towards rank, so the the Valedictorian totally slacked off that semester and ended up with lower grades than me.
9) I used to play the violin. It's still in my attic.
10) I can speak a teensy bit of Russian, but my accent is spot-on.
11) At the age of 2, I only spoke Dutch. Now, I don't know a word.
12) I don't eat meat from the grocery store.
13) However, I can't stay away from Vietnamese lemongrass chicken.
14) People who knew me in my "former life" can't understand why I'm not Mormon anymore. I just stopped believing in it. I just can't believe what I don't believe. I can't force myself to believe it. It's all malarkey to me.
15) My first 5 boyfriends all had names that started with the letter J. My current boyfriend? E. Phew.
16) I will always choose to wash the dishes over cooking dinner.
17) Cold weather is WAY better than hot weather. But I LOVE to work in my garden...
18) I played varsity tennis in high school.
19) We're trying to buy a house this year.
20) Sometimes, I feel REALLY lucky.
21) I love my life.
22) I want to have goats someday.
23) I am VERY pro-choice. I'm also VERY pro-family-planning, so that women don't have to have an abortion.
24) I think that being pro-life means being against the death penalty, against illogical wars, and for universal health care.
25) I am way more political that people expect.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm... Lemongrass chicken

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love that I get to surf the web at my job...

    4. Half of my family lives in Ireland...

    5. I used to be Catholic... then Episcopalian... now... I just am.

    8. What a bitch... you got gypped...

    16. I'll always choose cooking over washing...

    19. Well you should be able to find some good deals...

    22. My wife wants a goat... or a sheep... something she can shave and take the fleece and spin into yarn.

    23. I'm a guy... I believe we should have an opinion on what the woman does, but in the end it's her decision. And yeah I'm pro-choice and pro-life... I believe abortion should be legal, safe and rare.

    24. I completely don't understand people who are pro-life and pro-capital punishment...



    My word verification is "cesstata"... is that when a woman gets sewage dumped on her chest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked reading this. I also think the goat thing is hilarious! I also think you would be a really good mom and would enjoy being a mom. I know mormons who want to pop out a bunch of kids but I don't think they are as good of moms as you would be. I don't know just something I sense about you. We disagree on some things but I can definitely see your point of view. Your are one smart cookie, Eric is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...