Friday, February 06, 2009

Fire

Our neighbor's house (across the street) caught on fire today. Space heater. New. Had only been on for 1 hour.

Sucks.

8 comments:

  1. Oh man my heart goes out to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there when it went down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. Sad too, because so many people are trying to save on their heating bills by using space heaters. I hate to blame everything on the economy, but ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about that. That is one thing that I freak out about...fire!! My OCD kicks in whenever Grant and I leave to go somewhere and I wonder, out loud, did I shut off my oven/stove, iron, candle warmer etc, etc.

    Janus and Grant Wheeler

    ReplyDelete
  5. God, that's terrifying. Are they all OK? Fires scare the bejeepers out of me. We've been using a space heater, too, and DH swears it's the safest thing. I freak out about it and I am so forwarding this link to him.
    In fact, we left it on by accident the other day while we were gone.
    Maybe it will go back into the closet. It's not worth losing everything to save some $$.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah, they're okay. It's an older couple, and he was the only one home. The wife was still at work when it happened. Sucks, though, because they lost everything, including the ornithology catalog he's been working on pretty much his whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! That's scary. I'm always leery of space heaters.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...