Monday, March 09, 2009

New York, New York!

Eric took me to NYC this weekend for my birthday. It was my first time there... yes, his brother lives in Manhattan, and this was my first time. Oh boy. It was a good time, and the weather was bee-yootiful!

We went down Friday afternoon and got there around 7:30. Dinner was at a yummy vegan place called Angelica Kitchen.

Saturday we wandered around the East Village, Chinatown, and Brooklyn. Shopping, hooray! We saw this guy play the 12-string guitar that night in Brooklyn. He was really, really good. James Blackshaw.

Sunday we had the best. bagels. ever. from Ess-a-Bagel. The line was around the corner when we got there. But, yum! Then, Eric and I took a cab uptown to Times Square to walk around for a bit. There were about 5 bazillion people there. We did a little shopping, but mostly we just walked around. I saw the naked cowboy, there. He was across the street, so I just snapped a pic with my phone. He's the one in the middle with no clothes on, lol. In retrospect, I should have gone to get a picture with him, but such are the choices we make on a crowded day in NY.


Here are a few more Times Square pics.

The 5 bazillion people out
Radio City Music Hall
Oh, hi :-)
We left NYC around 4:30... it took about an hour to get through the Holland Tunnel... oh boy. We made it back home, rather tired, at 9-ish. I chose not to look at Eric's speedometer...

We made it safe, though!

On another note, I bought my first pair of Tevas. Eric was worried I had turned into a crunchy dork, but I think they're cute! And oh, so super-comfy.

PS. That band-aid is because I did not get my Tevas until today. I blistered my toe walking around on Saturday because I was trying to be fashionable. It is difficult to love on the city all day and be fashionable at the same time. D'oh.

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like a fun and wonderful day...

    Naked cowboy out in this cold???what the? Crazy!

    Love the shoes!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...