Monday, April 13, 2009

Cute little ladybug

This is the adorable ladybug blanket I bought for Alivia a few months ago. So cute!

And this is just another sweet picture.
In other news, Spring Break is over today. I went in to get some work done this morning. The kids come back tomorrow! Boy, that was quick. I can't believe it, though... only 9 more Fridays!

My new passport came in the mail today. Yay, Korea! I've been reading some books about the countries and trying to learn some words/phrases. The alphabet is a bit tougher than Cyrillic (Russian), but nothing as hard as Chinese! It's actually phonetic, it's just a matter of remembering what all the symbols sound like.

So far, I've learned how to say and read:
  • Hello
  • Goodbye
  • What is your name?
  • My name is Michelle
  • Nice to meet you
  • Thank you
  • You're welcome
  • And about 12 different names (Korean and American) -- it's helping me remember the symbols
Good times. I'm using a book called "Read & Speak Korean for Beginners" by McGraw Hill. It's actually been really helpful. It has flashcards, an audio CD, worksheets, and other helpful games/activities to learn. I'd recommend it to anyone trying to pick up a few words in another language!

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable baby! In answer to your question, Monica and Luke are both doing great. They're home now and both are healthy and well. Good luck learning Korean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - I know you're going to Korea, and I know there was a post about why you're going to Korea, but I've looked and I can't find it :( ... So, will you be so kind as to remind me why you are going to Korea?

    Your niece is cute, as usual. I'm sure she'll miss her globe-trotting auntie while you're in Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going on a 3-week study tour, all paid for by the Korea Society and the Freeman Foundation. It's in conjunction with Yonsei University in Seoul. That's about all I know at this point, as I don't have any itinerary yet.

    I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...