Saturday, August 08, 2009

Seven Quick Takes - a day late, again!

One.
Wow, what a busy week! I had to work on a summer project for the social studies department and then I subbed for a friend who's teaching my class in summer school for three days. Wow, I'm so glad I don't teach summer school! It's good money, but it would be grueling to have to do that every day for six weeks. I sure enjoy having my summers off!

Two.
We took our engagement photos this morning! It was a lot of fun, although there were about five bazillion gnats out. Yuck. Thank goodness for Photo Shop! I don't want any gnats on my face in the pictures, lol. Our friend Pat came with us so he could hang out with Ramona, since we wanted to have her in some of the shots. I had to bring treats so she would sit there with us for the pictures! She did great, though. I can't wait to see how they all turned out!

Three.
I guess this makes 9 weeks now until the wedding. It's moving fast! We're looking forward to it, though. We're especially looking forward to getting to party with all of our friends! Good times. Some of the teachers I met on my Korea trip are going to make it out here for the party, so I'm super excited about that! I love friends, and I love parties, so this will be a great time!

Four.
I've been wearing the same hoop earrings for six years. I pretty much never take them out. Well, yesterday morning when I woke up, I saw that the right earring was missing, and I can't find it anywhere!! I feel so naked without them! So, we were at the farmer's market this morning and I bought some new earrings. Not hoop earrings, though. Dangly ones. They're cute. I guess I have to buy lots more earrings now, since my hoops are MIA. How about a picture?

Five.
I decided to buy a pack of fake nails at the grocery store for $5 because I didn't have time to get my nails done before the photos this morning. It was a pretty good looking quick fix! I won't do it every time, since I really like getting a manicure at a salon, but it's good to know they can look really good if I'm in a hurry and don't want to spend much money! They're supposed to last for a week, so we'll see. PS. my hand looks ginormous in this picture!! But, you can see my pretty ring, too :-)

Six.
My brother lives in VA, now! I'm so happy he's out here. Hopefully he'll come up here soon to look for a job, instead of searching down where my parents live. I'd love for him to live up here... but I don't necessarily want him to live WITH me, and he's unemployed for now, so he can stay where he is at my parents' place until he has some money, lol. I'm going down this weekend to see him... and my sweet Alivia, of course!

Seven.
I bought some more plants this morning at the farmer's market. I don't know what kind, but they're really pretty. I'll take a picture of the front and post it once I have everything planted. Not today, though. I don't feel like working out there today. Maybe later this week... we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...