Sunday, September 13, 2009

Seven Quick Takes - Weekend Edition

One.
I absolutely LOVE fresh corn on the cob. But I just HATE corn in my teeth. However, taking the corn off the cob before eating it just isn't the same. So, I spend the rest of the night trying to get corn out of my teeth. Like right now. Sometimes floss helps... when I can be bothered to actually go upstairs and find the floss. We had some delicious corn tonight from the farmer's market. Yum!

Two.
I bought some flower tea a while back, but never wanted to drink it because I didn't have any clear tea cups. Well. Now I have some. Hooray! It's so delicious and smells so yummy and looks so pretty! I feel so fancy when I'm drinking flowers :-)


Three.
Oh! I found the cutest website ever called Fonts for Peas. You can download a gazillion really cute fonts made from people's handwriting. In fact, you can even send in your own handwriting to have a font made! And it's all free. I think I'm going to do that. Huzzah! So, I downloaded a whole bunch of fonts, even though I don't really know what I'm going to do with all of them, since I don't scrapbook. Hm.

Four.
Getting married can be kind of stressful, even if you're a person who doesn't stress very easily. I'm not feeling anxious, or worried, or tense, or frazzled... I'm just finding myself fussing at Eric far more often than normal. Sorry, honey! (oh dang, I just swallowed a petal from my tea!) Oh, and I'm picking at my nails, a lot. I'm really looking forward to relaxing on the beach in just four short weeks! Let's just hope a hurricane doesn't decide to roll through Florida that weekend!

Five.
I'm still going strong on my Couch to 5k running program! I think this might be one of the few times I've stuck with something longer than a week! I got up on Friday morning to run, and it was raining pretty hard. I figured I had to take Ramona out anyway, so off we went. However, we only stayed out for about 10 minutes (instead of the usual 30-35) because we were both really wet and she kept stopping every three feet to shake the water off. So, I ran on Saturday morning, instead. Oh, and I figured out how to use Garage Band to add my own music to the podcast, so that really helps. Before, there were only cues, and then silence. Much harder to run that way, for me. I was going to go running again tonight, but I don't like to be out alone in the dark and Eric will never come with me. Boo.

Six.
Making seating charts for school is easy. Making seating charts for a wedding is hard. I think the smartest decision I made was arranging a "sweethearts table" for just Eric and me. That way, we don't have to try to decide which family gets to sit with us, since we have thirteen guests that are just immediate family. Phew! And of course, all that help that Eric promised me? Harumph.

Seven.
Oh! I'm going to get braces. Well, Invisalign, actually. Starting in November. Hooray! It's going to be a gazillion dollars, but that's okay. I never got to have braces when I was a kid, so it'll be nice to finally have teeth I love. So, yep!

signature

3 comments:

  1. I could always make a list of my own, but responding to yours is so much fun!

    1 - Beware of mango if you don't like picking corn out of your teeth. However, it is delicious and worth every hairy fiber that gets stuck in your teeth. Just make sure you have enough to share so everyone else will also be picking fibers out of their teeth!

    2 - I love tea.

    3 - My friend was just making a font yesterday! That was the first I had learned about it. Ironic!

    4 - Checked out the wedding blog. Your honeymoon location looks spectacular! Enjoy!

    5 - Did I tell you that Natalie wants me to run in the Ogden Half Marathon next May? Yeah, not working towards that goal like I should. You inspire me.

    6 - I totally rolled my eyes the other night when my professor passed around a seating chart. Aren't we all adults now?

    7 - 5 minutes ago I was reconsidering Invisalign. My dentist recommended it last year. That's what I get for going to a family dentist that also specializes in cosmetic dentistry. Occasionally the thought crosses my mind. One of these days, I'll do it ... said by a procrastinator who doesn't run but thinks she should do a half marathon.

    Sorry for the gigantor comment ...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool on the braces. I wish I could have done invisalign but the metal ones were free since my BIL is a dentist. But I love the outcome;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the couch to 5k program. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...