Friday, October 09, 2009

Seven Quick Takes

One.
I'm getting married. Tomorrow. Yay! I guess everything's ready to go. I still have to write my vows (whoops! but, Eric hasn't written his yet, either). Oh, and pack for Florida. The weather looks like it's going to make it - some showers in the morning, but nice and clear and cool for the evening. My mom and sisters are coming up today for manicures and last minute details. Hooray!

Two.
I haven't been sleeping well at all this week. Lots of anxiety. Not about anything in particular, just in general. I can't wait until Saturday night! Ahh, sweet sleep.

Three.
I get to see sweet Alivia again today! In the past three weeks she's started crawling, pulling herself up on things, and has a tooth. Slow down, girl! She just turned 6 months on Sunday. Here's a really cute picture.


Four.
President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize today "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." So, that's pretty cool. Makes me proud. However, I may not be so proud (to be a Virginian, anyway) come November. Deeds isn't doing so well in the polling against McDonnell. Oh dear, I think McDonnell will be a disaster for our state! Sigh.

Five.
I think I might have a bit more to do today than I first anticipated this morning. But no stressing for me - I don't want to stress. It's going to be fun!!!

Six.
I put up the 'ferocious' picture of Ramona in my classroom by the homework basket and tardy sign-in sheet. The kids think she's scary. I told them if they come tardy or forget their homework, I'm bringing her in to school to get them. Then I told them she was really just yawning. But it was fun to see their faces for a second, not quite sure if they should believe me or not. Ha! Good times.

Seven.
I really like the Genius playlists in the updated version of iTunes. All I have to do is pick one song I feel like listening to, hit the Genius button, and the program pulls about 20 songs that are in the same genre for a playlist. It's great! Try it out sometime.

See you when I'm married!

signature

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You're getting married!! Good luck, and congrats!

    I, too, love the Genius playlist. My fancy new iPod Nano will also create Genius playlists! In fact, I just created a new one this morning. Gotta love a job that lets me listen to music all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooohooo...so much to do...

    Congratulations and have fun on your honeymoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited for you! I'm sad we can't be at your wedding so you'll have to post lots of pictures! I can't wait to hear all about it :) I love the Genius feature too! Isn't it great??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...