Friday, December 18, 2009

Seven Quick Takes - It's Been Awhile Edition


One.
Snow, snow, snow! It's supposed to start tonight around 10p and go until 6 or 7 Sunday morning. Anywhere from 10-16 inches by the end of it! Of course, they typically over-predict around here, but wouldn't that be fun? Although, I'd much prefer it if tomorrow were Monday, which would mean I'd have a couple of snow days to start out my break the right way. I'm working all the way through to Wednesday! Stingy out here, I tell ya. However, I am hoping for a 2-hour delay on Monday morning! The temps aren't supposed to rise above 30 on Sunday, so there's a very good chance the roads could be icy on Monday morning!

Two.
I just found out two days ago that my sister made a last-minute decision to fly out west to spend the break with her husband's family. Boo for me. But, Alivia's other grammy hasn't seen her since August, so I completely understand. It's only been 3 weeks since I last saw her, and already I'm itching for another cuddle. We were going to head down this weekend to see them before they take off, but see quick take #1. Not happening.

Three.
I ordered 80 cards to send out to folks, and I ran out. Oh dang. I guess we know way more people than we thought. Oh well! I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just order 100 next year!

Four.
I went to Target tonight to pick up a few things for a coworker who's having a baby in 8 days. We're giving her gifts to her on Monday, and I didn't want to be trapped inside all weekend with no way to pick things up. I still need to get a couple more things, but at least I'll be armed on Monday. I'm making her a diaper cake with some cute extras. I made one for a friend 3 years ago, and it was super cute and fun to put together. So, yay. Here's the one I made before; I'll post photos when I finish the new one! I hope she doesn't read this blog!


Five.
One of my students invited me to his basketball game tonight, but I just couldn't venture back out after my Target trip! While I was there, I thought to myself, "Hey, I have to walk Ramona in the morning, and it's going to be very snowy. Perhaps I should get some boots. That might be helpful." Well. There wasn't a SINGLE boot left in the shoe section. Guess I wasn't the only who had no boots. Oh well. I have some old Uggs that should do the trick just fine.

Six.
Eric generally takes his lunch MUCH later than I do. Like, hours. See, I'm on the ole school schedule, so my lunch is from 11:00-11:38. By the time I get home around 4p, I'm famished! Eric, however, doesn't eat until around 2:00. SO, he's never hungry when he gets home. Now, here's where the problem comes in. I don't cook dinner. So.... yah. Oh dear!

Seven.
I just ordered a calendar from Apple through iPhoto, and wow, it looks really good! It's a lot bigger than I expected, and the quality is great. I'd definitely recommend ordering through iPhoto if you have a Mac. If you don't, get one! I love mine :-)

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...