Sunday, December 27, 2009

Year in Review

I got this idea from -R- over at And You Know What Else. Enjoy and Happy Reflecting!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Got married. Hoping to never do it again!!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Hm. Yes and no. My resolution, like so many others', was to exercise more. I started out the year going to the gym 3-4 times a week. That lasted for about 6 weeks. During those 6 weeks, I gained weight and felt fatter, not fitter. So, I gave up. Then, in September, I started a running program, Couch to 5K. I'm still at it! And, I'm feeling much better, physically. Yay!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My sister! Yay, I love my little niece to pieces! I also have a close friend who is currently pregnant and another who is working on it!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No. Phew.

5. What countries did you visit?
Holland and Germany. And South Korea.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A flatter tummy and more energy.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

May 18 - the day we closed on our house AND Eric proposed.
May 30 - the day we added a new member to our family, our sweet Ramona.
Oct 10 - the day we got married!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably getting accepted and going to South Korea.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I have lost a couple of friends, and I'm not really sure why.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. It's been a perfectly healthy year for me. Not even a cold!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our house, most definitely!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ramona, for the most part. She learned how to sit :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'll keep this one inside. Sorry.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage. The wedding. A big spending year.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hm. My trips - South Korea, Palm Beach, Holland/Germany

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Say Hey (I Love You) [feat. Cherine Anderson], by Michael Franti and Spearhead.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner, but heavier (muscle?)
c) richer or poorer? definitely poorer, money-wise; richer in every other way

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Saving? Dancing, for sure!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating, I suppose.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Eric's family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Nope, just grew the love I fell into years ago.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Well. We love The Office and I still watch Grey's Anatomy. I started watching Showtime's The Tudors over the summer and LOVE it!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Yeesh. Hate is rough word. It takes a LOT to get me to use that word towards a person. Would rather never have to talk to or see or ever deal with? Yes, I'd say there's one or two people that fit this description this year that either did not last year or I just didn't even know them last year.

24. What did you want and get?
House, dog, husband, vacation, family time

25. What did you want and not get?
Instant weight loss. Ha!

26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27. We went to NYC. I've lived on the east coast for almost 6 years and that was my first trip there.

27. Who did you miss?
Old friends. Can't wait to see Dani in January!!

signature

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun year! Loved your deconversion story on your other blog. Thanks for following. I look forward to following you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a happy year! We love the Office too and I got Scott a trivia game. We know most of the answers, but there are a few hard ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your answer that you wish you had danced more in 2009. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...