Saturday, August 21, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Saturday

one.
In my online class, I read an assignment in which a student referred to people from the Netherlands (typically called Dutch) as "Hollandaise." It made me laugh a whole super lot. And then I made it my Facebook status.

two.
I went to the county fair last night and ran into a bunch of former students. So fun! They always get so excited when they see one of their teachers in the "real world." Especially doing something fun like going to the fair and buying chicken-on-a-stick. Some of the current seniors met Eric a couple of years ago. Since he was there, they said, "Oh, we've met your boyfriend before." I said oh he's my husband now. Talk about crazy excited! They're cute :)

three.
I literally couldn't get out of bed this morning until after 11. I'm still strangely tired, even 3 hours and a large iced coffee later. It must have been all that crazy fair fun last night. Whew!

four.
Ramona, Ramona. Yesterday, the weather was actually very, very nice. She and I went out into the backyard around 9 or 10 in the morning. She was literally rolling around on the grass in the sunshine. I wish I had my camera with me, so I could show you the utter cuteness and ecstasy.

five.
My crafty corner is coming along nicely. I've got the desk and iron set up. I just need to get stuff up on the walls. It's really nice not having to use the dining room table. However. It's very quiet and lonely up there. Maybe I'll get a radio.

six.
My new hair is so fun. But in the mornings, it sticks out everywhere. It's kind of funny. I don't care, though. I just let it run free and wild! Unless I have really have to go somewhere... then I try to brush it. But only just a bit.

seven.
Ooh, a friend found out I sew and she's going to pay me to make drapery panels for her windows. Yay, that should be fun and easy. Now, if only I had actually kept to my goal of making my own draperies. Oopsy. Clothing was more fun!

signature

1 comment:

  1. Dutch people are just so... tasty?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...