Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dropping in to say hi with a few quick takes

one
I have recently discovered Google Sites, and I LOVE it. Well, I already knew about it, but I had never explored it or tried it out. But then I did. And I can't stop! I have a course website already for my high school class which the school pays to host. For the last four years, I was just using Macromedia Dreamweaver to create a VERY basic-looking site. I'm sure Dreamweaver can do amazing things for websites, but I don't know how to use it well. SO. After discovering how awesome I can make a site look through Google, I made one and set my original site to forward to the new site. The kids love it and think I'm extra awesome now :) I'm even using it for some upcoming projects, like this one. Holla!

two
My brother turned 18 last week. Being nearly 11 years older than him and (surprisingly?) insanely maternal, I spent a lot of time taking care of him when he was a baby. In fact, his crib was in my bedroom, and I remember waking up with him often during the night to rock him back to sleep. I have so many fun memories of him growing up. I love you, kid.

three
Our dishwasher died. Now we have a new dishwasher. Me. We're going to look around today and HOPEFULLY one of the stores will let us take the dishwasher home with us, instead of having to wait for delivery. OR, if we have to wait, please please please deliver before Wednesday!! See take four.

four
We are hosting Eric's family for Thanksgiving this year. I'm actually happy about it because we don't have to go anywhere and Eric and his brother will be taking care of most of it. We have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do this weekend, but that's okay because we've been putting it off for awhile and this will force us to finally get it done. I'm in charge of making the turkey, which I've done before, so that's no problem. We just have to go buy one, since this decision was just made about two days ago. Oh. And the dishwasher issue... see take three.

five
I started writing this post around 8:40 this morning. Then, I got distracted and forgot about it. It's now nearly 6:00 pm. Whoops! So, we bought a new dishwasher. It's getting delivered on Wednesday, so that's double-good, since it's before Thanksgiving and I have that day off. Hooray! It's not super fancy, but we liked it.

six
Also, since we were out, I decided to pick up some paint. I've been wanting to spruce up the dining room for awhile now, and I thought this would be as good a time as any. The room was already painted Burnished Clay, and I taped off the bottom portion and painted it Fig. I think it looks great! Now, I definitely need something to put on that wall and some drapes.

seven
I'm all tuckered out.
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...