My dad gave me a rack of books I haven't read after seeing my previous posts on books. So. With those in mind, in addition to suggestions from others, my SIX books to read over the next 14 months are:
A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines (thanks, Char!)
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (thanks, Pop!)
- Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (thanks, Nicole!)
- A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (thanks, Pop!)
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez (thanks, Leslie!)
- The Inferno by Dante (thanks, Pop!)
I'll post review of the book after I've finished each one.