Friday, December 31, 2010

New year, new books, and a 30 before 30 plan

I don't so much do the New Year's resolution thing, but I figure my 30 before 30 list kind of covers it for me this year.

My dad gave me a rack of books I haven't read after seeing my previous posts on books. So. With those in mind, in addition to suggestions from others, my SIX books to read over the next 14 months are:
  1. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines (thanks, Char!)
  2. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (thanks, Pop!)
  3. Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (thanks, Nicole!)
  4. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (thanks, Pop!)
  5. How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez (thanks, Leslie!)
  6. The Inferno by Dante (thanks, Pop!)
I'll post review of the book after I've finished each one.

signature

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered Julia Alvarez myself! I recently started reading "In the Time of the Butterflies."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...