Saturday, February 27, 2010
Well. Eric has been super about helping me write the cards. We basically split the list in half, which is great. I check the card first to make sure I'm putting it into the right envelope for mailing. My favorite of his so far went something like this:
Dear C & C,
The other day, I said to Michelle, "Hey, who gave us this pretty vase?" She said, "C & C." I asked her if we had thanked you yet. So, now, here I am, writing this thank you card.
Love, Eric & Michelle
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
And we had lots of fun together. Things we did:
- Played with Ramona
- Showed off awesome walking skills
- Ate a really fancy dinner with Uncle Eric, mommy, and daddy
- Watched the beginning of the Opening Ceremony in Vancouver
- Cuddled on the couch
- Looked at pictures together
- Gave really sweet kisses
- Went shopping at R.E.I. and Casual Adventure for new shoes for Auntie Michelle and mommy
- Ate the most delicious bbq for lunch
- Gave high fives, danced, and blew kisses
- Practiced climbing up and down the stairs
- Made Auntie Michelle and Uncle Eric love her even more!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
So... I registered for a 4-mile run a month from now. March 13, to be exact. It's about a mile longer than the 5k distance I've been training for, but I downloaded another app that helps me go from a 5k to an 8k (which is longer than 4 miles). This is good, because now I'm extra motivated to get out and run 3-4 times a week (instead of the 1-2 I've been running during the winter). I don't want to die (or have to walk) during my race!
Now, I have absolutely no intention or hope of coming close to the front of the pack. This is my first race. My goal is to finish without stopping. I'm nervous and excited!!
Monday, February 08, 2010
They've upgraded our Winter Storm Watch to a Warning, and increased the predicted snowfall from 5 inches to 10 - 20 inches.
School is canceled again tomorrow. At this rate, we won't be in school all week! I'm actually disappointed. Besides the fact that I'll be working straight through till August if this keeps up, I'm ready to get back and see my kiddies (although all this time off is giving me ample opportunity to finally grade those Unit 4 essays I keep putting off).
Ramona has been yelping every now and then today. And a little bit last night in her sleep. At first, I thought her paws might be raw from the ice and salt, but I think she's actually having arthritis aches in her hips, poor girl. We got her some balm for her pads and some treats with glucosemein. Hopefully that helps her. I think the cold air is making her tired, racing joints act up. They ran her raw :-(
On another note, I decided that all of this cold weather called for another greyhound coat. So, I used an old blanket and some leftover sherpa from her last coat to put together another one. I made it a little bigger and easier to put on. I think it's great! I think she likes it, too :-)
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE... SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... POTENTIAL FOR 5 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW.
* TIMING... MID TO LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.
Sunday, February 07, 2010
Tonight we're going over to a friend's to eat yummy junk food while the TV is on in the background... some sort of big game is being played? Mmmm... queso and chili!
We spent about 3-4 hours digging this morning. The neighbor is really nice - he came out and helped us, since his kids had done their driveway the night before. I even got to go inside and take a bit of break while he and Eric shoveled. I think mostly he just wanted to have someone (Eric) to talk to for awhile about work, etc. Anyway... I'm REALLY sore!
This is the driveway yesterday after it stopped snowing (taken from the second story bedroom).
And here is the driveway now. That mountain of snow by the tree is nearly 6 ft!
Saturday, February 06, 2010
Thursday, February 04, 2010
So, El Nino is out in full force this winter! Here's our latest weather advisory for the coming weekend:
... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY...
* PRECIPITATION TYPE... HEAVY SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 18 TO 24 INCHES.
* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN MID-MORNING FRIDAY... AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE RAPIDLY FRIDAY AFTERNOON... WITH HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURRING BETWEEN SUNSET FRIDAY TO SUNRISE SATURDAY. THE MOST HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR FRIDAY NIGHT.
* VISIBILITIES... THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO BELOW ONE-QUARTER MILE... PRODUCING NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT TIMES FRIDAY NIGHT AND EARLY SATURDAY MORNING.
* TEMPERATURES... HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S FRIDAY. TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY.
* WINDS... BECOMING NORTHEAST 10 TO 20 MPH FRIDAY WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY.
CONDITIONS IN THIS STORM ARE EXPECTED TO BE COMPARABLE TO THOSE IN THE STORM OF 19 DECEMBER. PLAN FOR SUBSTANTIAL DISRUPTIONS TO TRAVEL FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT.Guess who's turn it is to shovel...?? :-)
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Speaking of 2-hour delays, Eric had one this morning. I was already up, so I went out and shoveled the sidewalk and driveway. I also cleaned off both of our cars, so he would be able to sleep in a little bit extra. I tried to get him up a few times so he would have time to walk Ramona before going to work. Mind you, I've had to walk her (in the snow) both morning and night every day since Saturday (with the exception of Monday morning). Normally, we take turns.
So, yes, he gets up too late to walk her, and I end up having to take her, anyway. And yes, he owes me big. But let me tell you what, it was ridiculously beautiful out there.