Saturday, February 05, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

I've been really super busy and inaccessible for the past few days, so this will be short. I'm in the midst of grading discussion responses for my university class, which is titled: Religions of the World.

I just have to share a response made by one of the students, as we are nearing the final week of the course. It remains unedited:
I always thought my religion was exclusive, now I am not so sure; I have a hard time believing that my loving God would allow people to parish if they had the wrong religion. I truly think most religions have positive, good, and charitable ways, the underlining base is good; however not all the people in these groups are tolerant toward other religions.
This student then goes on to say:
I learned about the Muslim faith in this class, and found this group is generally tolerant, charitable, have high morals; the few extremists make it look bad for the entire faith. After the twin towers came down many Muslim Americans were targeted by Americans because they did not understand this group of people, they just assumed they were all evil. Look at Timothy Mcveigh he was raised a Roman Catholic and he killed 168 people, does this mean all Roman Catholics are terrorists? Pretty ridiculous, I think because the United States was founded on Christianity many people want it to stay that way.
Yay. This is why I teach.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...