Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dressy Summer Toilettes

I've mentioned many times before my recent obsession with vintage mags. I think this is a super-fun image from the June 1899 issue of The Delineator, a now extinct fashion magazine. Look at the greyhounds racing in the background!


And, yes, the caption is "Dressy Summer Toilettes." Def classy-cute-fancy for an 1899 day at the races... but a summer "toilette?" Methinks not. I'll take my shorts, tanks, and flirty summer dresses any warm day!

Spring Fashion

     Polyvore.com

Update: My husband says those are horses racing in the background, since it appears there are riders on the backs of the animals. I say, hey, maybe they're greyhounds riding on greyhounds?
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...