Monday, February 21, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday

Three posts in one day? Why, it must be a holiday!

In fact, it is! Having President's Day off allowed me to spend some time really working on my watercolor technique. I finished two pieces today. One of them I'll show you below, the other will have to wait until Sunday! I'll give you a little hint, though:


After my *secret* piece, I thought about how fun it would be to try to replicate something from all of those back-issues of women's magazines I've been buying off eBay, recently. I picked this one, since I thought it looked "whimsical," and it's been REALLY windy here the past few days.


Now, why would I care if it was whimsical, you ask? Because! A recent commenter directed me toward his weekly, whimsical competition. It's called Whimsical Wednesday, and each winner is crowned Wizard of Whimsy. I love it! How could I not participate??

SO. Without further babbling AKA ado, I present (whimsically, of course!) ...


Windy Day

Hand-drawn (looking at the March 1926 | Woman's World cover, of course) and watercolored by yours truly. My THIRD effort with the watercolors... and, I must say, a vast improvement over my first!

My favorite part? The dead goose head hanging out of the boy's basket. I didn't even notice it was there until I had to draw it! Surprise!! Goose for dinner.

signature

3 comments:

  1. ha - wonderful - great to have you in the mix of whimsicality this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    Welcome to Sunday Sketches and...love your watercolour.. I've seen that illustration before, I think it was a Vogue cover once upon a time...Thanks for popping over..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old magazine for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...