Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Two Months

My baby is two months old today!

We took her in to the doc for her check-up, and she's doing great! She's 10 lbs, 9 oz and 23.5 inches. She didn't give us the actual percentile range, but according to Baby Center, these are her stats:
Length = between percentile 50 and 75 
Weight = between percentile 25 and 50 
Head Circumference = between percentile 5 and 10
Here's her two-month picture!



Things I know about Elly:

  • She loves to watch the ceiling fan. I turn it on low for her so she can watch it move. Sometimes I think she's having a conversation with it. She'll stare up at it for awhile and make noises, and then she'll laugh every now and then. That clever ceiling fan! Such good jokes!
  • She also loves to look at lights.
  • She absolutely recognizes my face and is pretty good with Daddy, too.
  • Her head bobble is nearly gone when she's upright, unless she's really tired.
  • She is a great night sleeper, only waking up once, around 4am, on most nights.
  • She is much happier and playful in the mornings. Her witching hour is around 5-6 pm.
  • She's gaining control of her hands/arms, although she hasn't discovered them, yet. She swats at the lion and giraffe that hang from her vibrating chair.
  • Her naps during the day are short, typically ranging from about 15-45 minutes. I read that the natural sleep patterns they exhibit now will last through their childhood.
  • She loves crowds. We've taken her to two parties this month and stayed until after midnight at both because she just sleeps in anyone's arms (and there are plenty of willing arms to cuddle this sweet girl!)
  • She has such a sweet personality... she just sucks you right in!
  • I love to watch all the sweet (and funny!) faces she makes when she's asleep. When her expressions are especially happy, I like to imagine she's dreaming about the ceiling fan :)
Amazingly, I love her even more this month than I did last! Who knew it could just keep on growing? I love you, Elly bean!

signature

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...