Friday, December 30, 2011

Week 10: Thoughts from Elly

Oh, heyyyyy there! Can you believe I'm already 10 weeks old? Mommy and Daddy sure can't!

This week was Christmas! First, I went down to visit Oma and Papa's house. I wish Uncle Kevin, Auntie Christina and Uncle Scott G could have been there to celebrate with us, but I did get to talk to Uncle Kevin on the phone... all the way from Thailand! He's really excited to meet me, but that won't be until August when I'm almost 10 months old!

I got lots of really nice presents while I was down there visiting. Oma and Papa gave me some new outfits and this neat interactive puppy that talks and sings songs. It came with a sing-a-long CD, too! Alivia even gave me a cool wooden worm toy.
Oh yah, I almost forgot! Before we opened our presents, Papa read us this really cool story called How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas, by Phyllis McGinley. Mommy said he's been reading that story every single year, ever since she was little like me!
Friday night, we drove back home so that we could go see Daddy's side of the family over the weekend. We got up bright and early Saturday morning and drove up to Great Grandma Christine's house for Christmas dinner. I got some more clothes from her and met her crazy little schnauzer, Schotzie. She sure barks a lot! I think she was jealous that there was another baby in the house :). Nana and Uncle Scott were there, along with lots of cousins, aunts, and uncles! Here's Uncle Scott holding me... we get along great!
The next day was Christmas, and boy did I get spoiled by Nana! I got a few clothes, but mostly just toys and books, books, books! Oh, and LOTS of socks! That's a good thing, though, because I hardly had any, and I sure need some cute socks for this cold winter coming up!
Over the weekend, I discovered that my fists are really handy for putting in my mouth and sucking on. Sometimes I try to put both of them in my mouth! When I do that, Daddy says I'm having a hand sandwich. That silly Daddy!
On Monday, I got to meet some new friends, Cherise, Cory, and Sophia. They gave me a cute little snowman hat and blanket, as well as a cute, cuddly duck. Mommy needs to take a picture of me in my snowman hat because I know it makes me look adorable!!

That night when we came back home, I slept for my longest stretch, ever! I went to sleep for the night around 11:30 and didn't wake up to eat until 5:40! Mommy was so amazed when she woke up to get me and saw that it was nearly 6am. However, the next two nights I woke up every couple of hours, so maybe I was really just playing a trick on them! We'll see how I sleep over the next week. Mommy hopes I go back to normal soon, but I really like it when she's so tired that she just brings me to her bed to sleep snuggled up close to her. Who doesn't like being cuddled while they sleep?
This week was also Nana's birthday, so she and Uncle Scott came to our house to visit and have a nice birthday dinner. It was so exciting to get to see them again so soon after Christmas!

Oh, and Mommy has started sending out interview requests to potential nannies for me. We're both really sad that she's going to have to leave me during the day to go back to work on Jan. 19, but we're hoping we find somebody really nice to take care of me while she's gone. I'll let you know how that turns out!
Well, Mommy told me that the next time I write to you, it will be a new year. I can't believe it! I'm sure I'll have a good time celebrating the arrival of 2012, and I'll be sure to tell you all about it next week! Until then...
Love,
Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...