Sunday, January 01, 2012

2011: Year in Review

Last year, I wrote a post called "How I hope 2011 is different from 2010." I thought I'd take a minute today to compare my thoughts then to how the year actually turned out...


one.
I'd like to have my credit cards paid off.
This did NOT happen. However, we cut our credit card debt in half and have a plan in place to finish the goal.
two.
I hope all of our cars remain incident-free.
Success! No car troubles this year. And, on a car-related note, work on the new garage has begun, albeit very slowly.
three.
I want to travel more.
Actually, I did not travel AT ALL this year, which hasn't happened since 2003, I believe. Whoops. But, I know exactly why, of course...
four.
Secrets, to which you may someday be privy.
SO. This one was actually a goal to BE PREGNANT by the end of the year. And we all know by now how that turned out! Miss Elly didn't want to wait around! I got pregnant 2 weeks after stopping birth control, and our sweet offspring arrived on Oct. 20. I wouldn't change that one bit, though!!!
five.
I'd like to enjoy my job, again.
Check. I switched to 12th grade Government this year and just love the change in both subject and students. However, I can't say I'm looking forward to leaving Elly at home when I go back at the end of the month. At least it will be pleasant from the job side of it, though!
I'll have to create a 2012 list later this week and post it. Thanks for stopping by!

signature

1 comment:

  1. soon you'll have a whole soo! what great follow up checking your resolutions - i bet few have that kids of closure! impressive!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...