Monday, January 09, 2012

Joy List

Anne over at My Giant Strawberry has two greyhounds! Also, she has a great idea to start writing out Joy Lists every Monday. I thought I'd join her.

  1. Elly. Everything about her brings me joy. When she smiles at me, when she laughs, when she snuggles up against me and falls asleep... I'm everything she needs right now, and it's a wonderful thing.
  2. The Wendy Williams Show. I never watched it before my maternity leave, even on my summers off. I love to watch Live with Kelly (oh, how I miss Regis!) and The View, which come on at 9a and 11a on ABC, but Rachael Ray (on at 10a) grates my last nerves. I found Wendy Williams over on Fox at 10a and she just tickles my fancy.
  3. Henry. My good friends have been working on getting a kid for a number of years, and they finally have a picture of little Henry, who will be theirs next year. It makes my heart burst with joy for them.
  4. Snow. We had our first real snow today, and while I don't normally love snow, it was nice to watch it from inside my nice, warm house. Plus, it was in the 60s over the weekend, so it didn't stick to anything but the grass. That's always nice.
  5. Cuddling in bed late into the morning. Okay, so this one is Elly again, but man, it is so sweet to pull her into bed with me after her 7a feeding and sleep together until 10. That doesn't happen every morning (then I'd never see Kelly!), but when it does... what joy!


signature

2 comments:

  1. Sweet cozy list of joy! Thanks for joining me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the joy list idea. I always do gratitude, but I am loving focusing on the joys for now. You certainly have one beautiful joy in your life, Elly is so amazingly beautiful. She is pure joy and that smile just melts your heart. You are so blessed and I am so happy for you. I love how much you are loving motherhood.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...