In the meantime, here are her Month 3 pics:
Things I know about Elly:
- She LOVES to talk and laugh
- She recognizes both Mommy and Daddy now, by voice and by sight
- She sleeps from about 9-4 every night
- When she discovers a new sound she can make, she does it over and over again
- She has doubled her birth weight, from 7 lbs to 14 lbs
- She still gets a kick out of ceiling fans
- She really enjoys watching mobiles spin
- She will watch an ENTIRE episode of Yo Gabba Gabba without looking away, if I'm not careful!
- Her hair is growing, but she's got a bald patch on the back of her head where she rubs it against the mattress when she's sleeping
- Instead of sucking on just one or two fingers, she prefers trying to stuff her entire fist, sometimes both, into her mouth
- She loves sitting up and looking around
- Sometimes she looks very serious; I wonder if she's trying to solve the world's troubles, already!
- She is wearing almost only 3-6 month clothing
- People who know only me tell me she looks just like me... until I show them a picture of Eric
- She's better able to entertain herself, now, for a little while
- She can roll over from tummy to back, but will often just cry on her tummy until I pick her up instead of rolling over
- She can finish a nursing session in under five minutes, but often gets distracted trying to smile and talk to me
- She will sit up in her Bumbo seat for a few minutes at a time
- She has really loud toots!
Sometimes I sing to her my own version of "You Are My Sunshine:"
You are my Elly, my only Elly
You make me happy everyday
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
But I'll tell you everyday