Saturday, January 21, 2012

Three Months!

Elly is already three months old! Yesterday was the big day. But with prepping (mentally and emotionally) to return to work last week and running around to different appointments, I've fallen behind in getting Elly's weekly posts up. They're coming, eventually!

In the meantime, here are her Month 3 pics:



Things I know about Elly:

  • She LOVES to talk and laugh
  • She recognizes both Mommy and Daddy now, by voice and by sight
  • She sleeps from about 9-4 every night
  • When she discovers a new sound she can make, she does it over and over again
  • She has doubled her birth weight, from 7 lbs to 14 lbs
  • She still gets a kick out of ceiling fans
  • She really enjoys watching mobiles spin
  • She will watch an ENTIRE episode of Yo Gabba Gabba without looking away, if I'm not careful!
  • Her hair is growing, but she's got a bald patch on the back of her head where she rubs it against the mattress when she's sleeping
  • Instead of sucking on just one or two fingers, she prefers trying to stuff her entire fist, sometimes both, into her mouth
  • She loves sitting up and looking around
  • Sometimes she looks very serious; I wonder if she's trying to solve the world's troubles, already!
  • She is wearing almost only 3-6 month clothing
  • People who know only me tell me she looks just like me... until I show them a picture of Eric
  • She's better able to entertain herself, now, for a little while
  • She can roll over from tummy to back, but will often just cry on her tummy until I pick her up instead of rolling over
  • She can finish a nursing session in under five minutes, but often gets distracted trying to smile and talk to me
  • She will sit up in her Bumbo seat for a few minutes at a time
  • She has really loud toots!
Sometimes I sing to her my own version of "You Are My Sunshine:"
You are my Elly, my only Elly
You make me happy everyday
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
But I'll tell you everyday 

signature

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Happy 3 Months, Elly. Sweet, sweet photos and wonderful list of a wonderful girl.

    Hope your first week back went well, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...