Thursday, July 26, 2012

9 Months, and Things I Know

Here is sweet Elly bean at 9 months (+1 day). It is extremely hard to take a picture of this girl now that she's on the move! She thought it was HILARIOUS that I would catch her every time she crawled off the edge of the chair. I'll have to enlist the help of Daddy at the 10 month photo shoot!


























Once again, I had so much trouble picking my favorites! This girl has so much personality!




This is the one I have as my desktop background this month:
Eventually I just let her down on the floor and was able to take a couple of good shots, there. Look at her standing!


























Things I know about Elly:

  • She's crawling! Once she finally figured out that forward motion, there was no stopping her! However, she still likes to be where Mama is, so I don't really have to go chasing her around. Rather, she's crawling after me as I run back and forth between the living room and kitchen!
  • She loves to climb over peoples' legs... and up onto Mama. We've become her own personal obstacle course!
  • She was able to pull herself up to standing at 9 months, 1 day, so I'm counting that this month. Rather, it was more like pushing up to standing... but now that she's done it, she already prefers the view from up there over what she sees on her hands and knees. She's practicing pulling herself up with the help of the couch. I haven't caught her doing it in her crib, yet, but I'm sure I'll find her stuck standing up in there any day now!
  • She may have said "dada" before "mama," but she more than makes up for that, now! She's definitely a Mama's girl right now. I'll take it! If she is anything like I was, she'll be wrapped around her Daddy soon enough - let me enjoy it while she's still mine :)
  • She is so, so, so happy. Even when she's sick, she's still able to laugh and smile. It's so heartwarming to have such a sweet, pleasant babe.
  • I mentioned last month how much this girl loves men. This love has only gotten stronger this month! It's so funny to watch her stare at them, willing them to look her way. And she's usually successful in not only getting their attention, but encouraging them to make silly faces and act a fool as she giggles in response. She knows how to get what she wants!
  • She absolutely loves to have dance parties! I was singing Brown-Eyed Girl to her one evening (of course changing the lyrics for my sweet, blue-eyed girl), and she totally started grooving along with the Sha La La's! I've created a Pandora station based on that song that we play and dance along to together. She's got pretty decent taste in music, that's for sure!
  • She figured out that if she hands her food over to Ramona, she'll get to touch the dog! She laughs and laughs whenever Ramona gets close to her, especially if she's pulling something out of Elly's hand. Ramona is very careful not to bite Elly as she's taking the food. So sweet!
  • This month, she has started screaming in protest whenever her diaper is being changed or she is being put into her car seat. She does not like to be pinned down!
  • She stopped taking a bottle all on her own. Her sitter told me she just wasn't interested in sitting still and laying back to drink from her bottle anymore. So, now she gets her milk from a straw cup, instead. Just like that!
  • She is still a super cuddler, especially when she's tired. I just love when she snuggles her head into my neck. 
  • She still doesn't have any teeth, so I've been supplementing her BLW solids with the pureed food pouches. I felt like she was still really hungry after "eating" since she can't chew her food, so I started offering her the pouches. She just sucks it right out of the pouch, and usually has 1/2 - 3/4 of the pouch at a time. She usually has 2-3 of those at the sitter's in addition to 4-8 oz of milk.
  • She LOVES water! Her little lips are SO CUTE when she's drinking out of her straw cup. She likes the straw so much better than a regular sippy cup because she doesn't have to tip it back. We'll work on that eventually, but for now the straw cups are great!
  • This month she had her first weekend without Mama (I went to the beach with my girlfriends for four days!) and her own first trip to the beach. She was a little unsure about both, but did so great! And Daddy now feels much more confident taking care of his little babe!

At her 9-month check-up, she was 20 lb 10 oz (85%) and 27.4 in (75%). She got her final HepB shot and had her blood drawn to check her iron, blood count, etc. All was normal - but she sure had some big, fat tears rolling down her sweet cheeks!

I love being this girl's Mama.
signature

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this post. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...